We are very grateful for your help, without the year on year support of volunteers such as yourselves the annual Golden Gates Gallop would not be possible.
You have been issued with a high visibility vest which will enable the runners to recognise you as a marshal. You have also been allocated with a marshalling station, the location of which is somewhere where runners may take a wrong turn if they are unsure of the course.
- When you arrive at your station please view it as an approaching runner would and understand what may confuse him/her so that you can offer guidance.
- Be emphatic in giving instructions to runners, in particular the lead runners who have no one else to follow.
- Please also give our runners lots of encouragement to help them on their way!
- Please also keep an eye open for walkers, dog walkers, cyclists, horse riders and – if your station is by a road – motorists. It is very important that you let these other Elvaston Park users know that runners will be coming through and to seek their cooperation so as not to impede the run.
- Some runners take much longer to complete the course than others, some walk it or cover the course in wheel chairs. We have a ‘sweep bike’ for both the 2 mile and 5 mile race. Its purpose is to follow the race and ensure that all entrants are accounted for. Please DO NOT leave your post until the sweep bike has confirmed to you that all runners have passed your station.
- First Aid is available at the Start/Finish point at the Cricket Pavilion