Please read the following information before the race;
- FREE Car Parking and bicycle storage (1st come 1st served). Additional car parking is available in the ‘Pay and Display’ Elvaston Castle public car park.
- Measured 5 mile route, all off public roads over a mostly flat terrain.
- Fully Marshalled
- Water stations at the half way point on 5 mile route and at the end of course for both 2 mile and 5m runners.
- Changing facilities (although limited) at Elvaston Cricket Club Pavilion.
- Bags can be left at the Pavilion at owners risk
- Refreshments / Licensed Bar
- First Aid cover managed by St. Johns Ambulance
- Results will be available post-race on the results page as soon as we can.
- Proceeds to the charity Bloodwise. If you would like to collect sponsorship you may download and print a form by CLICKING HERE
For everyone’s safety please adhere to the following important notes;
- The organisers will make every effort to accommodate runners with disabilities. However, some parts of the course have an uneven surface. A runner with a disability requiring special arrangements must notify the organisers at least 48 hours before the race so that reasonable steps can be taken to ensure your safety.
- Runners may not be accompanied by dogs on leads
- A risk assessment of the course has been undertaken and reasonable measures taken to mitigate risks. The organisers point out that the course is, in places, uneven and that the run is taking place along paths used by members of the public. Runners are requested to take such measures necessary to protect their own health and safety and to protect the Health and Safety of other users of the course.
- In the event of an incident contact a course marshal. Marshalling points are shown on the map of the route.
- If a dispute arises over a result or course etc. the race referee will make determination whose decision shall be final and binding.
- If you are competing you will be medically fit to run and fully understand you enter the event at you own risk and to the extent permitted by the law the organisers will not be held responsible for any injury or illness incurred during, or as a result of the event.